Parameters are attributes of the ParEvo process that can be varied. They are of two types
- Those participants can vary.
- Which storyline they decide to add to, in any given iteration
- The contents of the contributions they make
- Those the facilitator can vary
- The number of participants
- The types of participants
- The guidance that is given to participants at the start of each iteration
- The duration of each iteration
- The number of iterations
Looking at the process as an evolutionary algorithm, changes can be made to each of the three steps in the algorithm:
- Who the facilitator allows to contribute to any iteration
- The constraints imposed by the Facilitator on the contents of any contribution. These are visible in the text at the top of any Parevo exercise
- The number of contributions a participant can make within any iteration. The default is one per iteration.
- The type of existing storylines that can be built on by participants within a given iteration. The default is only those storylines that were built on within the previous iteration.